How To Use Affirmation Cards
What is a positive affirmation?
Did you know that experts estimate that we have somewhere between 60,000 – 80,000 thoughts a day! What’s even more shocking is that it’s estimated that 80-90% of our thoughts are negative ones.
Positive affirmations are statements that can help to challenge and overcome negative thoughts. When you repeat them often, and believe in them, you can begin to make positive changes in your life.
Why should we use affirmations?
Positive affirmations can be used to:
- increase self-esteem
- ease stress + anxiety
- overcome a bad habit
- stay in a constant state of gratitude
- motivate you to accomplish goals
- develop a growth mindset
- improve overall quality of life.
Primarily, they are used to rid yourself of limiting beliefs. If you take on the challenge and use affirmations regularly and with full conviction, you’ll find that they change the way you think.
And that’s the real value.
By changing the way you think over time, you arm yourself. You become resistant to negativity or unhelpful thinking. The more you practice positive affirmations, the better your life will be.
How To Use Affirmation Cards
In order to maximize the benefits of affirmations, you need to repeat the positive statements continuously. Training your brain to believe the affirmations and convert it to reality takes time. There is no right or wrong way to use them, but you should always use your intuition and do what feels right for you.
Here a few ways to get the most out of your cards:
- If you are pulling an affirmation card from your set, give yourself a moment to quiet the mind and connect with your breath. Trust that whichever card you pull is the card that is meant for you in that moment. If a card ‘jumps out at you’ trust that you are absolutely meant to have this card. Read your affirmation out loud or in your head a few times. If you have difficulty reading your affirmation at first, it will get easier and you will feel more alignment as time goes on reading the card.
- You can place your daily affirmation cards on your nightstand, desk, mirror or other prominent place you will see it throughout the day as a reminder. Each time you see it, repeat it to yourself multiple times.
- Use your affirmation cards on your vision board or manifesting board for inspiration.
- Place your affirmations throughout your home so you can receive uplifting energy all day!
- Use your affirmation card as a thought to ponder + align with while meditating or journaling
- Use your daily affirmation as a reminder of your highest intentions for self healing and manifesting your life.
- Use a deck as a motivational gift for someone struggling or going through difficult times.
- Perfect gift to brighten up and add some positivity to someone’s day to day life
think it, believe it, do it, live it.